Sunday, 20 October 2013

About Love

I am no expert on inter-relations with males.

I can be charming and witty, but these girl rules that are so swiftly applied by the fairer sex have never clicked with me. 

(I must have been sunning in the Mediterranean when that lesson was scheduled- tuition well spent, regardless!)

Something I do know about is the intimate moment when you lay eyes on the perfect prey, the winning shot that will change your life forever.

Or so I think every Saturday...afternoon.

What I am hinting at is that the lusty fun we have with our men, we encounter with the keepers of our feet.


The thing men will never understand is love at first sight with your solemate. Rivalled only by the first time you lay eyes on your wedding dress, the perfect pair of stilettos can raise a girl up, figuratively and literally, to the high heavens by just slipping into them. It's magic, and I will thank the inventor of the high heel for many a shoegasms.

It all begins with one look. I don't know of a single woman whose first thought is the price, size, comfort, or what will it go with in her closet. No. It is a very simple declaration that, "I want those." 

Shoes are just naturally inclined to be superior because they come in a pair. Ask that of a man and his reaction will take one of two forms:
  1. he is such a scumbag that he immediately suggests finding a third partner for after hour cocktails at his leather-laden bachelor pad                                                         
  2. he turns away in disgust, repulsed by your suggestion to drop his trousers and expose the family jewels
My point being that all comments end up being directed to that specific area. What a self obsessed gender.

Some women may find purses more seductive (and that's okay, love is love and I support all unions conducted by MasterCard) but my personal obsession is the most down to (literal) earth as possible. I like being a low maintenance girl sometimes.

Another beautiful thing: there is also no stigma in collecting dozens upon dozens of shoes. With men, numerous complications arise if you try to maintain a full roster. It has also never really been socially acceptable to lend a pair (of 'those') to a friend for the evening. Perhaps swinging will come back in vogue on the cusp of a revitalized sexual liberation - I wouldn't hold my breath, but I think I'll be sticking to blisters instead of polygamous scandals.

As a general conclusion to this long winded love letter.. shoes make me extremely happy. Until a gorgeous, tall investment banker with a big portfolio, impeccable table manners and a big 'portfolio' comes into my life, I will remain faithful to my other half. Coming perfectly packaged in a box and not having to deal with snoring is only the cherry on top of this heavenly relationship. I truly believe I'm in it for the long haul, because we all know only the weak and feeble minded take off their shoes halfway through the evening.

And I certainly am no quitter.

May your day be blessed with the sound of stilettos on hardwood and Sunday brunch gossip, my personal version of a holy day of rest and relaxation,

Nicole xo

No comments:

Post a Comment